Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reading Meters and Other Things

Hello everyone, I don't know if I've already explained this, but I figured I'd do it here, again, for those of you who have been following along.

You may have noticed a little meter at the end of my reviews. This is keeping track of how many books I read this year. My goal is 50, but it looks like I'll get there pretty easily. I might change it and make it 75 or something, depending on when I reach 50.

Here is an example of the meter:



16 / 50 books. 32% done!

If you click on it, it will bring you to this site, where you can make your own and customize the size, color, etc. If you need help with the coding there (I think that's the only way to change this stuff), let me know and I can offer a little bit of assistance. It's easy to figure out the coloring, size, etc. with the HTML coding.

The idea for keeping track of how many books I read was from a LiveJournal community called 50bookchallenge. It's a great place for finding reviews and other book-related things, too.

Now, for a few unrelated topics.

- The Inklings Creative Writing group at the DPL is tonight from 6:30-8. We have a lot of talented teen writers, so make sure you show up so you can hear some good stuff and share some of your own!

- Why am I the only one posting, people? I hope, at least, that some of you actually read this! If you're not, I'm wasting time posting when I could be reading! : P So please be posting, too! Even if it's just what you've been reading lately, a good movie you saw, music, whatever. Even if it's a YouTube recommendation. Which reminds me. . .

- For those of you who are aware of John Green (author of An Abundance of Katharines, Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns. . .) he and his brother, Hank, have been doing video communication through YouTube for a few years now and their videos are hilarious. I've watched almost all of them now -- I'm about seven months or so behind because I didn't start until August and then I watched multiple videos whenever I could. Anyway, I highly suggest checking it out because it's often very thought-provoking, and even more often, very funny. I mean, you get to see John eat a blenderized Happy Meal. It doesn't get much better than that. You can find their videos here.

That's all. Carry on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment