Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Some spoilers.

Title: Perfect Chemistry
Author: Simone Elkeles
Year of Publication: 2009
Genre: Young Adult, Romance
Pages: 357
First Line: "Everyone knows I'm perfect."

Summary: At Fairfield High School, on the outskirts of Chicago, everyone knows that south siders and north siders aren't exactly compatible elements. So when head cheerleader Brittany Ellis and gang member Alex Fuentes are forced to be lab partners in chemistry class, the results are bound to be explosive. But neither teen is prepared for the most surprising chemical reaction of all--love. Can they break through the stereotypes andmisconceptions that threaten to keep them apart?

(Source: Back of book)



Review: Let me just start with this: I loved this book. So sweet it made my teeth ache (excuse the cliche) and with fantastic characters. I loved Alex. He's funny, sarcastic and human. Brittany was almost, but not quite as good. I really don't know what else to say about this one. Just read it!

Worst part: The only bad thing about this one was that a lot of scenes reminded me of Twilight, mythological creatures aside. I mean, Bella and Edward were paired up in biology; Brittany and Alex were paired up in chemistry. Edward tells Bella he's no good for her; Alex tells Brittany he's no good for her. There were quite a few parallels, but really, it was worth it.

Best part: There were a few scenes I really enjoyed. Any time Alex was hurt, those were good. I read this awhile ago so I really can't remember, but...it was so good. So just read it.

Grade: A

Other Books by This Author: Leaving Paradise and How to Ruin a Summer Vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment